Animal Welfare – Our Wool Supply.
At Bridgedale we are committed to the highest standards of animal welfare and we only buy wool from suppliers who commit to the IWTO guidelines – listed below
We also require our suppliers to confirm in writing that all the wool that they produce is from from non-mulesed sheep
All our wool yarn suppliers follow the IWTO guidelines. https://iwto.org/
The five freedoms summarize the minimum standards for all our suppliers:
1. Freedom from Hunger and Thirst - by ready access to fresh water and a diet to maintain full health and vigour.
2. Freedom from Discomfort - by providing an appropriate environment including shelter and a comfortable resting area.
3. Freedom from Pain, Injury or Disease - by prevention or rapid diagnosis and treatment.
4. Freedom to Express Normal Behaviour - by providing sufficient space, proper facilities, and company of the animal's own kind.
5. Freedom from Fear and Distress - by ensuring conditions and treatment which avoid mental suffering.